PRIVACY & COOKIES NOTICE
- This is the privacy & cookies notice (“Privacy Notice“) of Moët Hennessy Belux SA, a company, incorporated under the laws of Belgium with its registered office is at 1050 Brussels (Belgium) avenue Louise 283 and registered with the Carrefour Banque des Entreprises under company number BE 0453.126.590. For the purpose of this policy the words (“we“/ “us” / “our“) is in reference to Moët Hennessy Belux SA.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data (non-exhaustive list):
- information that you provide to us when ‘asking for a quote’ (including your name, telephone number and email address);
- information that you provide to us if you proceed to purchase goods or services from us; and
- any other information that you send to us or we collect about you, including through your use of the Site (e.g. IP addresses).
When we ask you to supply us with personal data, we will make it clear whether provision of the data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and of the possible consequences of failure to provide such data (for example, that we will not be able to process your order).
Please note if you are entering details on behalf of others, you must bring this Notice to their attention and receive their prior consent.
WHAT ABOUT COOKIES?
- A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which is then stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser. Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies.
- For more information on cookies, please view further information below.
HOW DO YOU USE MY PERSONAL DATA?
- We will process and use your personal data for the following purposes:
– As required to fulfil a contract with you. If you go on to make a purchase with us, we will use your information to handle your order, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about your orders and generally to maintain and administer your account with us. You will be provided with more information about our processing of your data at the time that you purchase goods or services from us.
– Where we are required to do so by law. Where necessary, we will use your information for the purposes of legal claims and compliance with our legal obligations (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation).
– Where it is in our legitimate interests to do so and where we have performed balancing tests to ensure that these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights (you can obtain information on the relevant balancing tests by contacting us using the details set out later in this Notice). We will use your information to understand your preferences better, serve you with meaningful content, ensure the security and integrity of our Site, perform business and product analytics, to keep internal records, to communicate with you when you submit an enquiry to us and send you newsletters and information about other Moët Hennessy products and services which might be of interest to you (where your consent is not required, and you have not opted out of receiving such communications).
– We may also anonymise and aggregate your information so we can administer and improve our Site.
RECIPIENTS OF PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data with:
- Other Moët Hennessy brands or entities (such as for e.g. Moët Hennessy Osterreich GmbH, Moët Hennessy U.K. Limited., Moët Hennessy Czech Republic S.R.O., Moët Hennessy Danmark A/S, Moët Hennessy Suomi OY, MHD Moët Hennessy Diageo, Moët Hennessy Deutschland GmbH, Jas Hennessy & Co. Limited, Moët Hennessy Italia S.P.A., Moët Hennessy (Nederland) B.V., Moët Hennessy Norge AS, Moët Hennessy Polska spolka zoo, Moët Hennessy Distribution Rus, Moët Hennessy España SA, Moët Hennessy Sverige AB, Moët Hennessy (Suisse) SA, Moet Hennessy Turkey Saraplar & Alkollu Ickiler TIC LTD STI) to provide joint content and services.
- Law enforcement or governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability.
- The purchaser, or prospective purchaser of any business or asset which we are, or are contemplating selling.
- Third party service providers, who will process it on our behalf for the purposes identified above. In particular, we use third party providers for Site development, Site maintenance, and Site analytics.
The Site may contain links to other websites for reference purposes only. We are not responsible for the content, privacy notices or practices of third party websites in these circumstances. Please contact them directly for more information.
We may transfer personal data to countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), including to countries who have been recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate protection, e.g.. Argentina and New Zealand, but also to countries which have do not offer the same level of data protection as within the EEA such as Turkey, US, Australia and China. For the transfer of personal data to countries who do not provide an adequate protection, we have put in place European Commission approved standard contractual clauses to protect this data. You have a right to ask us for a copy of these clauses (by contacting us using the details set out below).
Data is retained for a period appropriate to the purposes for which it was collected and is, by default, destroyed at the end of a one (1) year period of inactivity following its collection date unless otherwise provided by law or justified based on our legitimate interests.
Please note that personal data used to send you newsletters or other information about Moet Hennessy goods and services will be deleted one (1) month after you have notified us that you want to unsubscribe to such services (to allow us to implement your request).
Please refer to the cookies section of this Notice for information about expiry of cookies.
We may update this Notice from time-to-time by posting a new version on our Site. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes.
We may also notify you of changes to our Notice by email.
- You may request a copy and details of your personal information, to correct it, erase it or to transfer it to other organisations at your request. You also have rights to restrict and object to some processing and, where we have asked for your consent to process your data, to withdraw this consent.
- In particular, you have rights to object to direct marketing at any time. Where we process your data because we have a legitimate interest in doing so (as explained above), you also have a right to object to this. These rights may be limited in some situations – for example, where we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your data.
- Please note that your rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, where they would infringe the rights of a third party (including our rights) or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping. Relevant exemptions are included in both the GDPR and in the Data Protection Act 2018. We will inform you of relevant exemptions we rely upon when responding to any request you make.
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org write to us at Moët Hennessy Belux SA, Avenue Louise 283, 1050 Brussels if you would like us to exercise any of your rights or would like to obtain other information, such as a copy of a legitimate interests balancing test. You can also unsubscribe from our emailing list at any time using the “unsubscribe” link in our emails, or by accessing your account.
- We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. However, if you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to complain to supervisory authorities and the right to seek a judicial remedy.
HOW SECURE IS THE DATA THAT YOU KEEP ABOUT ME?
- We will take technical and organisation precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data. We will store all the personal data you provide on our secure (password and firewall protected) servers.
- We reserve the rights to refuse access to the Site or remove or edit content at our discretion.
ARE CHILDREN ALLOWED TO USE THE SITE?
- The Site is aimed at individuals over the age of eighteen (18) years of age.
- We do not sell products or services for purchase by children.
- All individuals are required to enter their date of birth upon entering the Site.
CONTROLLER OF PERSONAL DATA & QUESTIONS
- The data controller responsible for our Site is Moët Hennessy Belux SA, avenue Louise 283, 1050 Brussels, registered with the Carrefour Banque des Entreprises under company number BE 0453.126.590.
|Moët Hennessy’s Group Data Protection Officer
Should you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or our treatment of your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer or write to us by email: email@example.com or by post to us at: Moët Hennessy Belux SA, Avenue Louise 283, 1050 Brussels
COOKIES – WHAT ARE THEY?
- A “cookie” is a piece of information, like a tag, that’s stored on your computer, tablet or phone when you visit a website. It can help identify your device – like your PC or mobile phone – whenever you visit that website.
- They are used by most major websites including this Site. To make the best use of our Site, on whichever device you use, you’ll need to make sure your web browser is set to accept cookies.
WHAT ARE COOKIES USED FOR?
– give you a better online experience
– allow you to set personal preferences
– protect your security
– measure and improve our service
SO WHAT INFORMATION IS KEPT BY THE COOKIE?
- A cookie will typically hold:
– the name of the website that it has come from
– how long the cookie will stay on your device (e.g. computer or phone)
– a value – usually a randomly generated unique number
THE COOKIES WE SET
We use the following categories of cookies on our Site:
- Category 1: Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Site and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have asked for such as remembering your product selection cannot be provided.
- Category 2: Performance Cookies
These cookies collect information on how people use our Site that is subsequently aggregated. For example, we use Google Analytics cookies to help us understand how customers arrive at our Site, browse or use our Site and highlight areas where we can improve areas such as navigation, shopping experience and marketing campaigns. For further information about Google Analytics, please refer to www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
- Category 3: Functionality Cookies
These cookies remember choices you make such as items you place in your basket, the country you visit our Site from, language and search parameters such as size, colour or product line. These can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selection and to make the visits more tailored and pleasant. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
HOW LONG DO COOKIES STAY ON MY COMPUTER
- Session cookies – these only last until you close your browser. They are not stored on your hard drive. They are usually used to track the pages that you visit so that information can be customised for you for that visit.
- Persistent cookies – these are stored on your hard drive until you delete them or they reach their expiry date. These may, for example, be used to remember your preferences when you use the Site.
- For example, cookies used to ensure that you do not need to complete verify your age multiple times in one session, and to remember items that you add to your basket, expire after one hour.
- In general, we will not store cookies information for longer than 2 years. Where cookies contain personal data, we will not retain the information longer than necessary for the purpose for which they are processed.
WHAT CAN I DO TO MANAGE COOKIES?
- Each browser is different, so check the ‘Help’ menu of your particular browser (or your mobile phone’s handset manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences. Many browsers have universal privacy settings for you to choose from. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. Information about how to change your cookies settings on major browsers is as follows:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More and then Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under ‘Privacy and security’, click ‘Content settings’
- Click ‘Cookies’
- Under ‘ See all cookies and site data’, search for the website’s name
- To the right of the site click ‘Remove’
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on the Tools button in the top right hand corner.
- Select Internet Options.
- Find ‘Browsing History’
- Click on Settings.
- Click View Files
- The folder contains all stored cookies (All files beginning with ‘cookie:’). These can then be individually deleted
- Click the menu button and choose ‘ Options’
- Select the ‘Privacy & Security’ panel and go o the ‘Cookies and Site Data’ section
- Click the ‘Manage Data…’ button. The ‘ Manage Cookies and Site Data’ dialog will appear
- In the ‘ Search websites’ field, type the name of the site whose cookies you want to remove. Items that match your search will be displayed.
- To remove selected items, select an entry and click ‘Remove Selected’
- Click ‘ Save Changes’
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, please refer to www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. To opt out of Google Analytics, please visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I DON’T ACCEPT COOKIES
If you decline cookies, some aspects of the Site may not work on your computer or mobile phone and you may not be able to access areas you want on the website. For this reason we recommend that you accept cookies.